Next Door’s Support Groups build resilience and self esteem while helping to minimize the damaging long-term effects that prevent people from living healthy, productive lives. Support Groups recognize the strengths of each participant and cultivate in clients the means to recognize and develop their own personal strengths. Next Door’s Support Groups are on-going and cover a variety of topics. The curriculum we use runs weekly every week of the year. Next Door’s Support Groups are run on a drop in basis.
Currently Next Door facilitates the following Support Groups:
- 2 English Support Groups at the Community Office, Mondays and Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30PM
- 2 Spanish Support Groups at the Community Office, Mondays and Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30PM*If you are attending a group for the first time at the Community Office we ask that you arrive by 5:45 PM to complete the required paperwork.*
- Los Gatos Support Group at St. Mary’s Church, 219 Bean Ave, Los Gatos, Mondays, 7:00 – 9:00PM
- Quilting Group at the Jack Douglas Center, Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:30PM* This group is for current Next Door clients only. If interested contact our main line to set up an appointment with one of our advocates at 408-501-7550.*
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation Support Group, 701 E. El Camino Real, Rm 2SE, Mountain View, Saturdays, 2:00 – 4:00PM
- The Elmwood County Correctional Support Group in Milpitas, Wednesdays, 1:00 – 2:30PM** Please note that we provide child care through our Kids Club program for the groups that are held at our Community Office Monday- Wednesday.**
Benefits of Attending a Support Group:
- Reduce domestic violence survivors likelihood of participating in an abusive relationship in the future
- Reduce the risk of children perpetuating the cycle of domestic violence
- Develop client’s self-esteem and emotional resiliency
- Cultivate client’s parenting, coping, and communication skills
For more information, call 408-501-7550.