Family Support Services
Next Door Solutions’ Support Groups build resilience and self esteem while helping to minimize the damaging long-term effects that prevent people from living healthy, productive lives. Support Groups recognize the strengths of each participant and cultivate in clients the means to recognize and develop their own personal strengths.
Support Groups are run on a drop-in basis.
Benefits of Attending a Support Group:
- Reduce domestic violence survivors likelihood of participating in an abusive relationship in the future
- Reduce the risk of children perpetuating the cycle of domestic violence
- Develop client’s self-esteem and emotional resiliency
- Cultivate client’s parenting, coping, and communication skills
NOTE: If you are attending a group at our Community Office for the first time, please arrive early to complete required paperwork. Thank you!
Next Door Solutions facilitates the following Support Groups:
- 1 Daytime Support Group (English/Spanish) at our Community Office: Tuesdays, 11:30 – 1:30 pm (no Kids Club provided)
- 2 Evening English & Spanish Support Groups at our Community Office: Mondays and Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Kids Club provided)
- Los Gatos Support Group at St. Mary’s Church, 219 Bean Ave, Los Gatos: Mondays, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Quilting Support Group at our Community Office: Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:30 pm (Kids Club provided)
- Note: The Quilting support group is for current clients only. If interested, contact our main line to set up an appointment with one of our advocates at 408-501-7550.
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation Support Group, 701 E. El Camino Real, Rm 2SE, Mountain View: Saturdays, 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Elmwood County Correctional Support Group in Milpitas: Wednesdays, 1:00 – 2:30 pm
For further information, please call Aparna Dhoraje at 408-501-7546 or email@example.com.
Community Office address: 234 E. Gish Road, Ste. 200, San Jose, CA (proceed to the second building in the parking lot just beyond EMQ)