Next Door is looking for a Social Media and Communications intern
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence is looking for a social media and communications intern that is versed in use of the Internet, social networks, PSAs, and other communications vehicles.
Next Door is the premier agency in San Jose and Santa Clara County serving the needs of low income women and children impacted by domestic violence. In order to support its Development and Marketing Department, the Communications Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Updating and Monitoring Next Door’s Twitter and Facebook pages
- Researching partner blogs and updating Next Door’s blog
- Writing Press Releases and Public Service Announcements
- Updating and Monitoring website content and traffic
- Overall, increasing an online awareness of Next Door
- Support the writing of newsletter
- Support needs of Marketing Committee members
- Other communications / marketing projects as they arise
- Well spoken and an effective communicator
- Solid writing skills
- Internet and Facebook Savvy
- Available to work 20-30 hours/week
- Sense of humor
To apply, please attach your resume with a writing sample and a cover letter that speaks to why you are applying to Next Door and specifically details how your past experiences may align with the qualifications and essential functions described above. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Communications Intern in the subject line.
This is a paid position and may qualify for school credit for certain university programs.
Next Door is committed to equal opportunity employment.