Next Door Solutions’ 2014-15 Annual Report
- Thursday, 25 February 2016 10:07
Your support is vital to ensuring Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence keeps its doors open to those who are in need of our services. Our 14-15 Annual Report highlights the impact of your giving and the services provided to the women and their children that we serve.
2014-2015 Annual Report
Join Next Door Solutions’ Speaker’s Bureau!
- Monday, 22 February 2016 11:53
Do you have a passion for public speaking? Would you like to help spread awareness about domestic violence and Next Door Solutions to your community? Join NDS’ Speaker’s Bureau!
Speaker’s Bureau volunteers spread educational awareness to schools, organizations, and businesses about the causes and consequences of domestic violence and what everyone can do to help.
- Attend Speaker’s Bureau Training
- There will be available training times held at Next Door Solutions’ Offices (234 E. Gish Road, Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95112), of which volunteers MUST attend one:
- Thursday, March 24 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm
- Saturday, March 26 10 am- 12 pm
- Represent Next Door Solutions at a variety of community events and verbally presenting about Next Door Solutions’ work.
- Attend check presentations and publicly thank supporters and donors. Explain how their support is supporting the survivors of domestic violence and how their contributions affect our local community.
- Maintain an understanding of the history, mission, and impact of Next Door Solutions.
- Complete a brief evaluation following speaking engagements.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to learn about domestic violence and gender violence issues.
- Good telephone and organizational skills
- Timely and dependable
- Community Contacts
- Possess reliable transportation
- Available to attend events during the weekday, evening, or weekends
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Belief in the importance of the mission of Next Door Solutions
Speaker’s Bureau volunteers are expected to commit to a minimum of two speaking engagements per year, as opportunities are available.
Volunteer Training will be provided to all Next Door Solutions’ Speaker’s Bureau Volunteers.
To become a member of the Speaker’s Bureau, please sign up here.
If you have any questions, please contact Bernadette White, Development & Communications Officer, at 408-501-7571 or email@example.com.