Sobrato Family Foundation Supports Next Door Solutions with $129,150 Matching Grant
- Tuesday, 31 March 2015 15:39
The SOBRATO FAMILY FOUNDATION has awarded Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence a $129,150 matching grant that will cover our general operations. With this amazing amount of support, the Sobrato Family Foundation will assist Next Door Solutions in covering general operating costs that are often challenging to meet from year to year. We are extremelyappreciative of this sizable contribution! This support not only assists our agency’s work, but allows us to steer more energy into implementing a diverse array of programs to help move victims of domestic violence from crisis to safety, stability, and self-sufficiency. We are truly grateful!
Crisis and Community Support
- Tuesday, 31 March 2015 07:06
Next Door Solutions believes victims of domestic violence know what’s in their best interest but need help understanding their options and the risks associated with each choice. We help victims and their children learn what services they need, how to access those services in the community, and when best to seek out each service. We help victims speak on their own behalf in their own best interests and advocate for change in systems response to their needs.
24/7 Hotline: Provides crisis counseling, information and referrals in English and Spanish.
If you are being abused, call our hotline 24/7 at 408-279-2962.
For more information, click here.
Community and Systems Advocacy: Next Door Solutions provides Advocacy Programs free-of-charge in the following services:
- Walk-In Crisis Counseling: Crisis Advocates present walk-in clients with safety plans, risk assessments, resources, legal advocacy, referrals, and emergency services as needed. Next Door Solutions provides resources to community services that address hunger, homelessness, and health needs that allow survivors to rebuild their lives in a sustainable way. For more information on Next Door Solutions’ Legal Advocacy, click here.
- The Family Violence Center–a collaboration with the San Jose Police Department staffed by representatives of the District Attorney’s Office, Adult Probation, Child Protective Services, the Police Department, and two bi-lingual victim advocates from Next Door Solutions. Two co-located advocates provide confidential safety planning, referrals, and advocacy to individuals and their children. This cooperative effort provides victims of domestic violence “one-stop shopping” for help – all the support services available to victims of domestic violence in a safe and friendly environment. The Family Violence Center is located at 1671 The Alameda, Suite 100 San Jose, CA 95126 (408) 277-3700. For more information, click here
- CalWORKs – An embedded advocate provides outreach, safety planning, risk assessments, information, and referrals to Next Door Solutions and other community agencies.
- Restraining Order Hearing Flowchart: English Spanish Vietnamese
- The D.V.I.A.P. Program (Domestic Violence Immigration Advocacy Project) provides immigrant victims a coordinated response to their domestic violence and immigration issues, which can include safety planning, translation assistance, referrals to pro bono attorneys, assistance with U visas and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petitions for residency, and education of the system and how it works.
- Legal Resources and Referrals List: Click here for a comprehensive list of local legal resources for victims of domestic violence.
For more information about our Community & Systems Advocacy Program, please contact Rachel Arias, Manager of Community & Systems Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 408-501-7550.
Avon Foundation Grants $62,500 for Next Door Solutions’ Self-Sufficiency Programs
- Monday, 30 March 2015 12:52
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence is honored to have once again gained the support of the AVON FOUNDATION in the amount of $62,500 for our Self-Sufficiency Program. Next Door Solutions believes that when victims learn self-empowerment and self-resilience, they become self-sustaining and achieve a state self-sufficiency. The HomeSafes in San Jose and Santa Clara, an affordable housing program that is part of its Self-Sufficiency Program, provide a rare opportunity for families in San Jose and Santa Clara who are impacted by domestic violence to succeed. There, women receive services that help them budget, find employment, and enhance their capacity to thrive. We extend many thanks to the Avon Foundation for their generous and repeated support!
5th Annual Benefit Concert for Love Raises Over $4,500
- Monday, 30 March 2015 12:51
On March 7, 2015, Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence hosted the 5th Annual Benefit Concert “For Love.” The concert raised a total of $4,735.00. Next Door Solutions is especially thankful to the Orchard City Community Chorus, Keynote Vocal Group from Christ the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Rainbow Women’s Chorus, Mission Valley Chorus, the Choral Project, and Serendipity Choir for their support and participation in this event.
Daughters of the American Revolution Donate Handmade Pillows for Children
- Monday, 30 March 2015 12:50
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence would like to thank the sewing group at the Daughters of the American Revolution! They have been consistently bringing 10-15 homemade pillowcases each month – each with a matching stuffed animal tucked into a pocket – for our children at our shelter. The children LOVE getting these beautiful pillowcases! Thank you so much for your gift of love that brings so many smiles to our children!