Next Door Solutions is embarking on a new venture and we can’t do it without you!
When faced with the realities of our current economy what do most of us use for help, guidance or networking? We use technology – computers, the internet – to update resumes, reach out to our network of colleagues, look for jobs, and post our interests. And we do so without even thinking about it.
Now, imagine you didn’t or couldn’t have access to a computer. How would you job search? How would you submit applications? How could you provide for yourself or your family?
All too often this is the situation faced by the women we serve in our Self-Sufficiency program.
Next Door is seeking to enhance our program by building a client computer lab. At this facility, our clients will have the ability to not only search for employment, but also to take online college classes, create web-based businesses, and learn the technological skills that are required in order to be successful in Silicon Valley today.
With the addition of a new computer lab, our clients will have access to tools and resources that will help them achieve independence and autonomy over their own lives.
To help us fulfill this goal, Next Door has teamed up with Start Some Good, a crowd-funding website that is providing us with a platform to raise our computer lab’s start up funds.
There’s a catch… Our campaign is done in an all-or-nothing fashion. Supporters can pledge their support, but will only be charged if and when a campaign reaches its tipping point. The tipping point is the amount of money required to start some good, which in our case is $1370 (enough money for three laptops, three mice, and ten flash drives). We have only a limited amount of time to reach this amount so we need your help today!
Please log onto our venture’s site and pledge your support. It takes only a few moments and with your help, women will be able to go from a state of surviving to a state of thriving.
Now that you’ve donated, are you still looking for other ways to help? Great! Consider doing one of the following:
- Write an e-mail or forward this webpage to friends, family and anyone else you know asking them to support Next Door’s campaign. Then, ask them to share it with their friends!
- Utilize your LinkedIn network by updating your status about this opportunity.
- Write personalized messages on Facebook telling your friends about the campaign and asking for their support.
- Tweet about it.
- Have a birthday coming up? Consider foregoing presents this year and ask your friends to donate to this important cause on your behalf.
- Add the campaign’s link to your e-mail signature.
- Reach out to your personal network… Do you know any bloggers or members of the local media who can help bring awareness to our campaign?
On behalf of Next Door’s clients and staff, thank you for helping us help women achieve the happiness and self-empowerment that they so greatly deserve.