“I had no place else to go.”
Next Door Solutions provides victims of domestic violence with safe, effective alternatives to a life of fear, danger and few options.
Prevention is the Key to Safe Communities
Next Door Solutions creates paths for women and their children to achieve safety, stability, and self-sufficiency.
Featured news and events
Join us in raising funds for our Crisis Services program! Read More →Read More Posts From This Category
Featured blog posts
According to Jackson Katz, educator, author, filmmaker, and cultural theorist: A bystander in the violence prevention field refers to “anyone who plays some role in an act of harassment, abuse or violence — but is neither the perpetrator nor the victim. They are someone who is present and thus potentially in position to discourage, prevent, […]
State Senator Jim Beall has introduced SB 838, named Audrie’s Law in memory of Saratoga High student Audrie Pott. Pott, who was raped at a student party in 2012, killed herself when pictures of the crime were posted by the assailants online. The bill has two major components. First, it closes a legal loophole. Currently, […]
The subject of military rape is in the news on two fronts. A bill by New York Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is moving through Congress that will overhaul the way military rape cases are tried, taking a victim’s immediate commander out of the role of judge and jury and handing the case to a military […]
More Featured blog posts
- Go to jail – do not pass “go” – do not go to college
- Gov. Jerry Brown Signs California Trust Act
- “Why Don’t They Just Leave?” One Typical Question. 10 Powerful Answers.
- Death and Taxes
- New Legislation to Protect DV Victims and Their Pets
- Scars of Oppression
- When Women Succeed, America Succeeds
- Guest Editorial Published in the Sunday, June 30, 2013 edition of the San Jose Mercury News
- Beyond the Bully
- BWJP Responds to the Murder of Kasandra Perkins