“I had no place else to go.”
Next Door provides victims of domestic violence with safe, effective alternatives to a life of fear, danger and few options.
Prevention is the Key to Safe Communities
Next Door educates groups of all ages, genders, and ethnicities to create an environment for change to a “violence is not acceptable” community.
Featured news and events
Featured blog posts
According to Jackson Katz, educator, author, filmmaker, and cultural theorist: A bystander in the violence prevention field refers to “anyone who plays some role in an act of harassment, abuse or violence — but is neither the perpetrator nor the victim. They are someone who is present and thus potentially in position to discourage, prevent, […]
State Senator Jim Beall has introduced SB 838, named Audrie’s Law in memory of Saratoga High student Audrie Pott. Pott, who was raped at a student party in 2012, killed herself when pictures of the crime were posted by the assailants online. The bill has two major components. First, it closes a legal loophole. Currently, […]
The subject of military rape is in the news on two fronts. A bill by New York Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is moving through Congress that will overhaul the way military rape cases are tried, taking a victim’s immediate commander out of the role of judge and jury and handing the case to a military […]
More Featured blog posts
- Go to jail – do not pass “go” – do not go to college
- All My Children Star, Aiden Turner, Loves His Monkey
- Gov. Jerry Brown Signs California Trust Act
- “Why Don’t They Just Leave?” One Typical Question. 10 Powerful Answers.
- Death and Taxes
- New Legislation to Protect DV Victims and Their Pets
- Scars of Oppression
- When Women Succeed, America Succeeds
- Guest Editorial Published in the Sunday, June 30, 2013 edition of the San Jose Mercury News
- Beyond the Bully