“I had no place else to go.”
Next Door provides victims of domestic violence with safe, effective alternatives to a life of fear, danger and few options.
Prevention is the Key to Safe Communities
Next Door educates groups of all ages, genders, and ethnicities to create an environment for change to a “violence is not acceptable” community.
Featured news and events
Featured blog posts
State Senator Jim Beall has introduced SB 838, named Audrie’s Law in memory of Saratoga High student Audrie Pott. Pott, who was raped at a student party in 2012, killed herself when pictures of the crime were posted by the assailants online. The bill has two major components. First, it closes a legal loophole. Currently, […]
The subject of military rape is in the news on two fronts. A bill by New York Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is moving through Congress that will overhaul the way military rape cases are tried, taking a victim’s immediate commander out of the role of judge and jury and handing the case to a military […]
Last week President Obama gave a speech outlining the startling extent of the college rape epidemic. One in five women on a college campus have been sexualy assaulted, and only one in 8 reported it. One study found some students commit up to six rapes and are never caught. What’s going on here? Surely college […]
More Featured blog posts
- All My Children Star, Aiden Turner, Loves His Monkey
- Gov. Jerry Brown Signs California Trust Act
- “Why Don’t They Just Leave?” One Typical Question. 10 Powerful Answers.
- Death and Taxes
- New Legislation to Protect DV Victims and Their Pets
- Scars of Oppression
- When Women Succeed, America Succeeds
- Guest Editorial Published in the Sunday, June 30, 2013 edition of the San Jose Mercury News
- Beyond the Bully
- BWJP Responds to the Murder of Kasandra Perkins